A Message From the CEO, Chuck Garrett
Over the past 18 months, I have watched our teams step up in an incredible way to protect the health and safety of our employees and customers across the world. We have reinvented the way we work and communicate – all while maintaining the unmatched Cherokee hospitality we provide to customers, as well as the service we provide our government partners and our dedicated efforts to sustain our cultural resources.
CNB looked to science and public health authorities to guide our business practices and enact initiatives to respond to COVID-19. And after taking a careful, phased approach to responsibly reopen, I am proud to say that the majority of our operations across our casino properties, retail shops and cultural sites are open.
But that does not mean we have let our guard down. Our top priority remains the health and safety of our team members and their families, our customers and the communities in which we operate. We continue to monitor all available guidance from both our industry and our region, including information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our state, tribal and local health departments.
Based on those recommendations, we:
- Continue to encourage our team members to get vaccinated against COVID-19
- Continue to offer an incentive program for new employees & team members who have not yet been vaccinated
- Require all team members to wear masks while at work & strongly recommend the continued wearing of masks by customers who are not fully vaccinated
- Test every employee working on-site for COVID-19 twice each week so that we can detect asymptomatic cases and prevent further spread of the virus
- Continue to promote social distancing & limiting capacity for employees & customers in certain areas;
- Continue to adhere to stringent standards of sanitation and cleaning
We remain confident in the knowledge that we have done and continue to do all we can to ensure our success and we will continue to closely monitor all available guidance and adjust our policies as needed to ensure everyone’s safety.
None of this would be possible without the dedication of our incredible team of which I am honored to be a part of.
- Chuck Garrett
- Chief Executive Officer
- Cherokee Nation Businesses
Cherokee Nation Updates
For important, timely updates about Cherokee Nation’s response to COVID-19, please visit Anadisgoi, the official newsroom of Cherokee Nation.